- Tzeng AC, Cheng J, Fryczynski H, Niranjan V, Stitik T, Sial A, Takeuchi Y, Foye P, DePrince M, Bach JR. A study of thyrotropin-releasing hormone for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy: a preliminary report. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2000 Sep-Oct;79(5):435-40. doi: 10.1097/00002060-200009000-00005. PMID: 10994885.
- Cheng J, Diamond M. SCUBA diving for individuals with disabilities. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005 May;84(5):369-75. doi: 10.1097/01.phm.0000159974.01251.e2. PMID: 15829784.
- Castello F, Louis B, Cheng J, Armento M, Santos AM. The use of functional electrical stimulation cycles in children and adolescents with spinal cord dysfunction: a pilot study. J Pediatr Rehabil Med. 2012;5(4):261-73. doi: 10.3233/PRM-2012-00221. PMID: 23411767.
- Karunakaran KK, Pilkar R, Ehrenberg N, Bentley KS, Cheng J, Nolan KJ. Kinematic and Functional Gait Changes After the Utilization of a Foot Drop Stimulator in Pediatrics. Front Neurosci. 2019 Jul 30;13:732. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2019.00732. PMID: 31417338; PMCID: PMC6682640.
- Oliveira N, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Blochlinger S, Barrance P. Visual kinematic feedback enhances the execution of a novel knee flexion gait pattern in children and adolescents. Gait Posture. 2019 Oct;74:94-101. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2019.06.016. Epub 2019 Jul 5. PMID: 31494385.
- Karunakaran KK, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Nolan KJ. Effects of Robotic Exoskeleton Gait Training on an Adolescent with Brain Injury. Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2019 Jul;2019:4445-4448. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2019.8856787. PMID: 31946852.
- Karunakaran KK, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Bentley K, Nolan KJ. Kinetic Gait Changes after Robotic Exoskeleton Training in Adolescents and Young Adults with Acquired Brain Injury. Appl Bionics Biomech. 2020 Oct 27;2020:8845772. doi: 10.1155/2020/8845772. PMID: 33193810; PMCID: PMC7641681.
- Gilbert C, Sauer M, Cheng J. Reduction of self-mutilating behavior and improved oromotor function in a patient with Lesch-Nyhan syndrome following botulinum toxin injection: A case report. J Pediatr Rehabil Med. 2021;14(1):133-136. doi: 10.3233/PRM-200729. PMID: 33720862.
- Liu X, Oliveira N, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Bentley K, Blochlinger S, Shoval H, Barrance P. Feasibility of a real-time pattern-based kinematic feedback system for gait retraining in pediatric cerebral palsy. J Rehabil Assist Technol Eng. 2021 Jun 2;8:20556683211014125. doi: 10.1177/20556683211014125. PMID: 34123407; PMCID: PMC8175836.
- Casseus M, Cheng J. Children with Cerebral Palsy and Unmet Need for Care Coordination. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2021 Oct-Nov 01;42(8):605-612. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000950. PMID: 33990510.
- Casseus M, Cheng J. Variations in Healthcare Transition Preparation Among Youth With Chronic Conditions. Am J Prev Med. 2022 May;62(5):e275-e283. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2021.10.010. Epub 2021 Dec 20. PMID: 34949508.
- Casseus M, Cheng J, Cooney JM. Volunteering among youth with disabilities: a population-based study. Disabil Rehabil. 2022 Jan 22:1-7. doi: 10.1080/09638288.2022.2025925. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35068262.
Books, Monographs, and Chapters
Melanga J, Filart R, Cheng J. The disabled athlete. www.emedicine.com, 2002. (online book chapter)
Cheng J, Resurreccion D, Diamond M. Efficacy and safety of an indoor rock climbing program as a complimentary therapy and recreational activity for a child with diplegia secondary to thoracic-level syringomyelia. The Howard H. Steel Conference on Pediatric Spinal Cord Dysfunction, Orlando, Florida, December 6-9, 2003. Association of Academic Physiatrists-Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM, February 25-29, 2004.
Bentley K, Cheng J. A case of possible complex regional pain syndrome in a child following alcohol blocks to the motor branches of the medial hamstrings. Association of Academic Physiatrists-Annual Conference, Bonita Springs, FL, April 6-10, 2010.
Hampton, S, Cheng J. Use of commercial activity monitors for individuals with disabilities: A proof of concept study. Association of Academic Physiatrists-Annual Conference, Nashville, TN, February 25-31, 2014.
Bolikal P, Bentley K, Cheng J, Botticello A, Cheng R.. Feasibility of Peak Potential, an Adaptive Rock Climbing Program for Children with Cerebral Palsy and Physical Disabilities. 2016.
Androwis G, Ehrenberg N, Karunakaran K, Bentley K, Cheng J, Nolan K. Alterations to EMG onset after utilization of foot drop stimulator. Northeast Bioengineering Conference, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, March 31-April 2, 2017.
Oliveira N, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Blochlinger S, Barrance P. Knee flexion modifications during pediatric gait using visual feedback. Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, Boulder, CO, August 8-11, 2017.
Androwis G, Ehrenberg N, Karunakaran K, Bentley K, Cheng J, Nolan K. Secondary benefits of a foot drop stimulator on spasticity and motor control for cerebral palsy. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Atlanta, GA, October 23-28, 2017.
Karunakaran K, Ehrenberg N, Cheng J, Nolan K. Effects of robotic exoskeleton gait training on an adolescent with brain injury. Northeast Bioengineering Conference, Piscataway, NJ, March 20-22, 2019.
Gilbert C, Cheng J, Marchetta C. Comparing quality of life in children with cerebral palsy versus children with cerebral palsy and autism spectrum disorder. American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, Anaheim, CA, September 18-21, 2019.
Bartolo K, Cheng J. Treadwall training for hemiparesis. Association of Academic Physiatrists, Orlando, FL, March 4-9. 2020.
Invited Speaker at National/International Meetings
Wilderness Medical Society Annual Conference, Snowmass, CO (faculty): Medical Aspects of Diving with a Disability (July 26-27, 2010)
Southwest Conference on Disability, Albuquerque, NM: Adaptive Adventure Sports: The Rock Climbing and SCUBA Diving Experience (October 7, 2010)
American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA: Can You Have a Motor Disability and Be a Competitive Athlete? (Instructional Course, September 13, 2014)
American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine Annual Meeting, Austin, TX: Adaptive Recreational, Therapeutic, and Competitive Rock Climbing (Breakfast Session, October 24, 2015)
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation National Assembly, Orlando, FL. Passion Purpose and Community-The Peak Potential Project (PhyzTalks Plenary Session Presentation, October 28, 2018)